• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi button greyed out!!

HotNectar

Lurker
Sep 14, 2016
Hey guys,

The button to turn the wifi on/off on my phone doesn't work. Whenever i tap on it, it won't respond and when i go to the wifi setting, the slider doesn't work too. There are also no availale networks anymore.

Please help me, if you need more info just ask me

Thanks

Maybe try a simulated battery pull:
(I realize yours is the P8 Lite but the same procedure should apply;) )
How to do a simulated battery pull on a Huawei P8?
  • Step 1: Make sure that the power is completely off. Make sure that the phone is not plugged into a charger either. Note: if the keys on the bottom of the device are lit then the phone is on, if there aren’t any lights showing or lit up then don’t worry about whether your phone is on or off, simply go ahead to step 2.
  • Step 2: Hold the Volume Down button and then the power button and continue to hold these 2 keys for 20 secs (count out loud it could take 15-30 sec).
  • Step 3: The phone should power cycle, powering back on to full.
or

• Step 1: Make sure the power is completely off and that the phone is NOT plugged into a charger.
  • Step 2: This time instead of the Volume Down key use the Volume Up key. Hold the Volume Up and the Power key simultaneously for 20 seconds and see if anything pops up on the screen.
  • Step 3: Release the Volume Up and Power keys if/when you get a response.
  • Step 4: If you get some options then use the volume down key to cycle through your choices. Look for an option to restart or reboot. (don’t do the wipe data/factory reset option… yet… that’s kind of a last resort)
  • Step 4: Once selected use the power key to execute.
  • Step 5: The P8 should reboot.
Now check your Wi-Fi Connection and see if it is working.

Source

Reactions: kct1975 and Bg260
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones