1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi Calling

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Craigw0lv, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Craigw0lv

Craigw0lv Lurker

it would be really nice now that my turbo 2 has wifi calling if it would just kink in and do wifi calling when there is wifi available and not wait for the singal go be at a certain -db. Just kick in and do wifi calling when there is wifi available.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Could be a quality of service thing determined by Verizon. If you have poor WiFi signal strength that could adversely affect the call quality.

3. Craigw0lv

Craigw0lv Lurker

No Verizon tells me that it takes cell service to be at -115db or greater for wifi to kick in and mine is -110db, so it will not kick in, I also have a network extender and I get choppy service through it and it will not do 4G (HD Calling) only 3G. My wifi is less than 2 feet from me by the way and it is a Nighthawk adapter.

4. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

One solution: unless you have other people in your house with phone that cannot do WiFi calling, turn off the network extender.

The only other solution I can think of is to place the network extender closer to where you usually use the phone - like, right next to that Nighthawk that is two feet away, since that will give you a strong, non-choppy call. (I have network extenders as well.)

Also, I'm not sure if this would work, but turn on airplane mode but then manually turn on WiFi when you are at home. (It's possible, though, that WiFi calling requires airplane mode being off.)

Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo 2 release date was October 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.4" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 810 processor, and 3760mAh battery.

October 2015
Release Date
Reviews