1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi calling

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jalex1611, Dec 29, 2012.

1. jalex1611

jalex1611 Lurker

I'm looking for an app for wifi calling. It only needs to be member-to-member calling. I don't need to be able to call landline or mobile numbers; just another person with the same app. I tried Skype but it would only work through the speakerphone on my phone.

Some background info: I have a rooted Samsung Moment with Android 2.2.2. Running airplane mode with wifi on. (The phone does not have cellular service.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

If the person in the other end is also using Android, have you tried voice chatting over Google Talk? I've used it several times, though I have to admit I've never tried to use it with anything other than the speakerphone.

3. m4p

m4p Newbie

There is. Viber but I"ve never used it.

4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Viber works.
    TMO was the only company that had wifi (uma)enabled phones. The phones used your minutes.

5. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast

There are two apps that work really well for calling any kind of phone. You just have to be on WiFi to use them. They are Talkatone and GrooveIP. You have to get a Google Voice phone number and set them up with your Google Voice account. Then, they let you call anyone and even receive calls.