1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi Confusion

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by knotez1, Dec 15, 2013.

1. knotez1

knotez1 Lurker

OK, so I know computers, thought I was smart, nope guess not.

Here is my dilemma, I picked up two identical:

Allwinner A31s 10.1" 2G 16G off brand quad core tablets with 4.2.2 and all works well until I try go online.

1. I go into settings
    2. I turn on Wifi
    3. It searches and finds my network wireless router
    4. I put in my router WEP security password (yes double checked it is correct) plus indicates an excellent signal strength
    5. Yea, it connects and saves my network
    6. But lo and behold no pages imputed in the browser will open
    7. It states not connected or page is down (I checked Wifi connection and it's still connect and pages are not down on other equipment)

I have done a factory reset, nothing and all else works great. My Ipad and laptops all work well on this network and a Bromn 10.1 A31s with 4.1 hooked straight up just not these two beast.

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Thanks

knotez1

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

I moved your thread here from Android Lounge. This is the forum for discussing tablets that do not have a dedicated forum. It is the place most likely to be visited by other users of your tablet.

... Thom

mikedt likes this.
  3. knotez1

knotez1 Lurker

Thank you ..............

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Hello Knotez1 welcome to AF. :)

Yeh budget off brand device has fluky WiFi, it's a frequent issue. Your Apple tablet and PCs can connect, but it seems both A31s are having problems. You've tried various things with the router. Don't think there's much else you can do except RMA them for refund or replacement, a refund is preferable.

FYI about off-brand devices...
    http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html