• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi connect issues at fast food restaurants.

jen2440

Jun 12, 2016
My LG G3 WiFi works fine every where except at fast food places (McDonalds, etc.). It connects, it shows good strength in the notification bar, but when I attempt to access a site through an app or a Chrome bookmark, it always says my privacy is at risk. The only option is to "reload", which does nothing. I already know my privacy is at risk with any public network, but I want to connect anyway. Normally,after connecting to a public network I would expect to see a screen asking me to accept their "terms of use". but I never see that.

I've checked all my wifi, Google, Chrome, etc, settings and don't see what would account for this. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any feedback.

I solved that by using VPNs at all foreign WiFi points.

my current favorite of the crop is AdGuard because it hides you from the hackers, and it blocks all advertisements period, even in the free apps that have those obnoxious blinking CLICK HERE FOR A PRIZE!!!

* Adguard for Android Overview - the world's most advanced ad blocker

it lets you tunnel right thru McInFrys everywhere and you appear on a private server somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet and svim
Upvote 0

my current favorite of the crop is AdGuard because it hides you from the hackers, and it blocks all advertisements period, even in the free apps that that those obnoxious blinking CLICK HERE FOR A PRIZE!!!

it lets you tunnel right thru McInFrys everywhere and you appear on a private server somewhere else.

my current favorite of the crop is AdGuard because it hides you from the hackers, and it blocks all advertisements period, even in the free apps that that those obnoxious blinking CLICK HERE FOR A PRIZE!!!

Outstanding. Thanks very much. I'll give it a try.

Reactions: AZgl1500
Upvote 0
I second the use of VPN at public hotspots.

Sorry for the delayed resp

my current favorite of the crop is AdGuard because it hides you from the hackers, and it blocks all advertisements period, even in the free apps that have those obnoxious blinking CLICK HERE FOR A PRIZE!!!

Sorry for the delayed followup, but wanted to let you know that I've done as you suggested and it works exactly as you said. My thanks again. Sure saves a lot of aggravation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones