1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support wifi connected but no internet connectivity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by krazy_kh, Aug 5, 2011.

1. krazy_kh

krazy_kh Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    I had this problem few days before as well, wifi was working fine at my house but when I connected to my cousin's wifi, fone did connect but the wifi signal bars turned grey instead of green and even though I was connected at excellent strength I had no internet connectivity... thought it might have been some settings issue with my cousin's router but when I returned home the situation did not change , still connects to the router but no data at all :( tried many things, rebooting fone, unplugging router, switching in and out of Flight mode,even flashed a different modem on the fone, nothing worked...finally gave up and did a factory reset which is such a PITA as had to backup and restore a ton of stuff....wifi started working normally after factory reset
    Then 3 days later, I was browsing through the Filkie Wallpapers HD app when it froze and after a while my fone restarted...lo and behold...the wifi problem was back after the restart...WTF !!! I cant keep hard resetting my fone after every 2 days :( help me plz....there must be something I can do to fix this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. alex01

alex01 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    Male
    Herts. UK
    not sure if this will help but try going into wireless and network, wi-fi settings, hit the menu button and then advanced. make sure that use static ip is unselected.

good luck!