1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Wifi connecting issues on galaxy nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cannon11, Mar 26, 2014.

1. cannon11

cannon11 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Male
    Wisconsin
    So I thought I'd ask the helpful people here to help me with somthing. :)
    On my galaxy nexus, the wifi bars are grey when its trying to connect, then turn blue when they have successfully connected. Thats just how it was made.
    The problem I have, is that sometimes I try to connect to wifi, and the bars will stay grey, and not turn blue, and the internet won't work. I will wait a few minutes and sometimes they will turn blue but sometimes it just takes a random amount of time, sometimes even a half hour.
    There are a few threads online about this, but couldn't really find a solution.
    It works fine on other wifi networks, just my home wifi its acting weird on. Is it because I have slow internet? My friends is just a tiny bit faster then mine, and it connects fine.
    is there a app or some kind of fix?
    Any help is appreciated, thanks! :D

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    I had the same thing happen on my Gnex and sometimes a reboot was the only thing that would fix the problem if I wanted a faster solution. However, if it's only a problem on your wifi, you might consider logging onto your router and switch the channel to something different. You could have a lot of congestion from other local devices operating at a similar frequency. I've seen that fix more than one wifi woe. :)

3. Paulo Sócrates

Paulo Sócrates New Member

Aug 21, 2015
    I have same problem, my wifi bars turned grey last weekend how can I fix them ? (ALCATEL POP C7)

Tags: