1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WiFi connection is no longer stable

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by penpen21, Aug 8, 2017.

1. penpen21

penpen21 Newbie

My phone no longer stays connected to my home WiFi. I've had the phone since release date and this is a new development. I have TMO. Has anyone else had this issue? I Googled and it seems like Verizon had this issue but it was corrected with an update. There are no updates for my phone at this time.

sweetndreemy73 likes this.
  2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

More details please. Is this problem happening only with your home WiFi, or is also an issue elsewhere (i.e. work WiFi, a public WiFi like a local library, etc.)?

If only at home, what kind of WiFi network do you have (a modem/wireless router box or to you have your own router); also do you have other devices (other phones, tablets, laptops, etc) using this same WiFi network and do any of them also drop their WiFi connectivity?

If this is happening both at home and elsewhere, has your S8 received a recent update around the time that corresponds to when this problem began to happen? Or have you installed some network-related app that recently?

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Restart your router

tube517 and svim like this.
  4. penpen21

penpen21 Newbie

Thank you for your responses. It only happens with my home wifi. My phone stays connected all day at work. And other devices are connected at home with no issues. We have restarted the router. No recent updates. I'm thinking I'm going to have to do a factory reset.

5. Rachael Alice

Rachael Alice Member

i think it's router single problem. If it is weak then this type of problem occur.

6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Initially you stated your phone '...no longer stays connected...' which indicates things where working OK and now does not. Has anything you can think of changed regarding your home situation that would create a problem? Again it might help to know just what kind of wireless router you have. Also, in you live somewhere like an apartment or condo there could be something as tenuous as a neighbor upgrading their home networking creating something like a WiFi channel interference issue.

7. Patrick Kelly

Patrick Kelly Newbie

A relative with Comcast suddenly got such poor WiFi service we can't chat on Skype. She said he son's cell phone connects to WiFi okay. It's just her laptop. There was an update to Comcast's system recently.

Not surprisingly, Comcast denies it's their problem.

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Have you tried restarting the Comcast router/modem?

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews