• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi connection is no longer stable

penpen21

Oct 13, 2012
My phone no longer stays connected to my home WiFi. I've had the phone since release date and this is a new development. I have TMO. Has anyone else had this issue? I Googled and it seems like Verizon had this issue but it was corrected with an update. There are no updates for my phone at this time.

Reactions: sweetndreemy73
More details please. Is this problem happening only with your home WiFi, or is also an issue elsewhere (i.e. work WiFi, a public WiFi like a local library, etc.)?

If only at home, what kind of WiFi network do you have (a modem/wireless router box or to you have your own router); also do you have other devices (other phones, tablets, laptops, etc) using this same WiFi network and do any of them also drop their WiFi connectivity?

If this is happening both at home and elsewhere, has your S8 received a recent update around the time that corresponds to when this problem began to happen? Or have you installed some network-related app that recently?

Upvote 0
Initially you stated your phone '...no longer stays connected...' which indicates things where working OK and now does not. Has anything you can think of changed regarding your home situation that would create a problem? Again it might help to know just what kind of wireless router you have. Also, in you live somewhere like an apartment or condo there could be something as tenuous as a neighbor upgrading their home networking creating something like a WiFi channel interference issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones