• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi connection issues with Belkin router

fairynivi

Lurker
Aug 15, 2014
I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) with Belkin router, for home use. When switching on Wifi, the phone says connected to Wifi network, but I cannot browse Internet or use connect to Play Store i.e. no data is received.

My phone connects perfectly to Wifi at office, hotels, etc. I only face problem connecting to Wifi at home. All other devices (Dell Laptop, Lenovo Phone, I-Pad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, etc. connect to Wifi via Belkin Router without any issues.

My phone is about 4 months old and from the very beginning I have been facing connectivity issues at home only. A few times phone would connect and work fine. But after disconnecting and then reconnecting at a later time, there would be no Wifi connection. As mentioned before, my phone says connected to Wifi network but no data will be received.

Is there a problem with my router or phone? Are there any settings in my router I can change to allow connectivity?

Please advise...

Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

Hopefully we can help, but solutions to these types of issues can be elusive.

Since your phone connects to wifi and internet when elsewhere and to wifi at home (the issue being that your router is not routing external internet connections to it), I would start by thinking that the issue is not the phone.

Suggest you first try this:

"Forget" your home wifi connection on you phone and turn off its wifi.

Reboot your router ie unplug it from the mains for 20 seconds, the restart it. Wait for it to come online and check it is OK with a device other than your phone.

Turn your phone wifi on and scan for the home network. Enter the password again (keeping fingers and toes crossed of course).

If that does not work I suggest you register on the forums and post another question in the note 3 forum so that a proper 2 way conversation can be held. (You can reply directly to this without registering)

Once again welcome

Roger

Upvote 0
if the router is a dual-band (5GHz and 2.4GHz operating separate SSIDs) then you might be dealing with the Samsung 'your internet connection is unstable' glitch where if it detects anything like high pings or latency it just outright disables the wifi or doesn't allow apps to use it at all. this will cause internet errors or it attempting to use your mobile data instead.

this happens if the phone starts hopping from the 2.4GHz band to the 5GHz band again and again. this is a big issue with dual-band routers, so i'd disable one of the two radios (preferably the 5GHz band as i have no luck using it anyway) and use one instead. my Note 3 was giving me 'your internet connection is unstable' (which was certainly not true) until i disabled the 5GHz radio in my router.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones