• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi connection problem

lpeake

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
Hi guys thanks for reading :)

I just bought a galaxy s (I9000)

My problem is that I connect to my home wireless gateway through the phone, enter the WPA key and it connects all fine. But then when I try to browse any webistes I get a 404 error and if I try syncing facebook or anything else I get an error saying the server could not be contacted.

wireless works fine on my mum's laptop and the phone is showing up in the devices list of my router's interface.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi I am having problems with wifi too, however a couple of things to check

1. do you have a proxy server you have to go through?

2. Is the wifi router filtering MAC addresses? is your MAC address allowed access through the router?

3. Try a static ip address, if you don't know your IP range type in "ipconfig /all" from a dos prompt on the laptop that will tell you your computers IP address Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS servers, then you can create another ip for your phone for instance if your laptop is 192.168.1.100 and it is the only other device using wifi you could use 192.168.1.101, but a quick test to see if that ip address is available would be to "ping 192.168.1.101" (from a dos prompt) to see if you recieve a reply if you don't then its free.

My problem I can connect to the internet and browse but I am not able to connect to Android Market You Tube or Email.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones