• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi connection problem

My phone is detecting excellent strength of wifi but not connecting to it.Can anybody help?
Hi. I am able to connect to my Wi-Fi network and use internet without any problem. Have you set the password correctly as also type of network? If your network requires static IP and gateway, you have to enter this in advanced settings under Wi-Fi. After connecting I had noticed that the speed was not as good as on laptop, I checked with speedtest.net application. For this I had to change the wireless router setting from "mixed" to "only g". Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
April 1, 2011
I deleted my connection information for the network I had used. I held down the name of the network and a prompt appeared with forget it. I checked that and then started fresh by reentering the network name and password and the wifi connection now works when previously it would connect and then immediately disconnect. (Download the manual for information on how to delete a network if you have problems. )

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem. I just bought by Samsung Galaxy S and and I can't connect to any wifi. The phone is detecting wifi networks, but when I click on my home network and go to type in the password the "connect" button is greyed out - you can't click/tap it. I've tried restarting my modem, I've taken the battery out of my phone and then restarted it, but nothing works.
The very first time I went to type in the password the 'connect' option was available but I typed in the wrong password, and obviously it wouldn't connect. I told the phone to "forget the network" so I could re-connect with the correct password, but then like I said the 'connect' option is now unavailable.
I can't see anyone else with this problem on the forums. So frustrated!!!

Reactions: karar
Upvote 0
hi every body ,,,,,
i had nt any problems in connection before ,,,but after someone had been corrupt my phone settings ,,,aproblem appeared in connection,,,
when i tried to connect to my home router network,,the phone keep telling me that :
its disabled,seured with WPA/WPA2 PSK
Whent trying to connect again ..it demand apassword from me ,,in which the old password never work...
please anyone helps me??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones