• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi connection problem

Willibobs

Lurker
Mar 23, 2014
Hello, first time user here so please be gentle with me.

I'm having problems with my Nexus 7 connecting to the internet via Wifi. I know the wifi is working because I've connected fine using android phones and an iPad.
The wifi status bar on the Nexus 7 shows the wifi radar on (white bars on top right of program) yet when I open a webpage it doesn't connect to the page nor does it in Google Play store. I've turned off the tablet and restarted it. I've tried forgetting the network and resetting it but all to no avail.
Thank you for any help

Don't discount the possibility that it could be the router, even if other devices are working fine. Have you rebooted that?

I had similar trouble with my original Droid Incredible connecting to my Netgear router. Everything else in the house worked fine, just couldn't get the phone to connect until I rebooted the router.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones