• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wifi connection problems(proxy)

hey guys, new to the forums, just bought a htc desire, loving the phone, there is just one problem i am having at the moment. i have searched through the site, found some stuff, but just want to clear things up..

at my university, we connect to the wifi using our username and password through a proxy i beleive. is there any options on the desire that will allow me to manually change the connection settings, so i can put my own credentials in there?

i also have a work phone which is an iphone, and when u go into settings, it allows u to edit everything. BUT....using the iphone is not an option, since i have to save battery for business calls.

so my questions is, how do i connect through proxy, or is there an app or option where i can edit all of my wifi settings.

thanks guys

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones