• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi Connection Trouble

New2G2

Jun 11, 2011
I have had this wierd problem and I can't figure out why. It seems that I cannot connect to WiFi without rebooting. For example if I leave Wifi off all day while I am out and then come where I have a router and try and turn WiFi on the phone won't connect to it. If I reboot it suddenly magically finds it. I can't figure out why this is happening. Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? It says "Error" under the Wifi setting. If I try and turn it on it says "Turning On" and then after a few minutes it says "error" again.

I had this happen to me yesterday. I got home from work and had about a 90% charge and tried to turn on Wifi and nothing happend. I rebooted and it worked. I shut it off and on a few times (swapped between WiFi and 4G) and it worked. I get up this morning with about a 50% charge and once again when I try and turn WiFi on it won't work.

Also about a week ago I put it in Airplane mode and the phone locked up. I had to take the battery out and turn it back on. They only thing I could think of is PowerManager v.1.6.2 is causing a conflict. I disabled it and I still am having these problems.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones