• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi connection unstable?

Does anyone experience wifi problems? Downloads will stop halfway through, the market will just spin and spin and say "loading" and then the "retry" button comes up again and again and again. It's so bad I have to use mobile data!

How can I fix this?

Fortunately I haven't had any problem regarding that but I think if you just first of all go to WiFi settings and forget your connection then reset your WiFi again it may help.

Also try to clear any data and cache for Market app in settings>applications> manage app> Market...

Reactions: reilus
Upvote 0
I'll try to clear the cache. I remember all the problems with the Optimus M when the cache wasn't cleared on certain ROMz. What a joke.

Microsoft always released BETA software and called it "windows". It never worked, save for windows 95 and windows 2000-- which were their only successful operating systems. Neptune was not bad, but most people never used Windows Neptune -- it was after ME and 2K around the time of XP.

Basically, Microsoft charges people money to test their beta software and enough people have not figured that out even in 2011. I am starting to think that LG and other companies are testing their beta hardware, firmware, etc. We keep paying for it and they keep selling it to us. I think we need to stop buying their shit.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem with WiFi on my Esteem... and my old Optimus M never did that. (Reppard's CM7 OC'd @ 768Mhz) I've tried the fix suggested above for the Esteem - to no avail. (And it's rooted and de-bloated.. if that's even a real word. lol)

@reilus - I personally think you're spot-on about Microflab... we're all nothing more than crash test dummies for them - which I don't mind doing for our phone devs... but when we PAY big bucks for an OS that is bug-ridden for our work/home computers... that just pi$$es me off.
Again.

Dear Lord I can't wait until our beloved devs get ICS or CM9 modded for this phone... if it makes as big of a difference in stability/performance as porting CM7 over to the OM did, they'll ALL be on my Christmas card list! lol
At that point, I'll just need to know where to send the donations. ;)

Upvote 0
I am so angry that I am not even going to see metro personally. I've sent my attorney down there with a tape recorder. I'm prepared to go to small claims court and make a big stink out of this and submit that stink to local and national media and so on if I don't get exactly what I want. I should have my answer within an hour.

I know this won't do anything to fix my problem. I know that suckers will laugh at me. But, it will get their attention and maybe they will do better next time? If not, we'll eventually all leave them for whatever pops up to replace them and if they don't get a government bailout in our new social-capitalist system then they will go out of business.

But, people must know that Metro and LG screw their customers. That awareness begins with a campaign of complaint or "raising awareness" as the social idealists of the leftist persuasion tend to call complaint. The best complaints I can conjure are those that one undertakes in court. So, I'll start with small claims -- it's cheap, it's easy, and I might get some money out of it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, if I end up with a new esteem I'll be sending donations to whatever developer makes me smile enough (I gave my attorney a list of options and steps that I am willing to try -- one more shot with the esteem if I can exchange it for cash within 30 days is a possible choice). Worst case, I end up on my Optimus again or I have to keep this crap phone and we go to court.

Anyway, I donated to a developer from the Optimus group but he left the forums so I did not feel to donate again. I wanted to wait and donate to a developer who made a perfect OS -- I sent 20 dollars last time and I was thinking to do the same. But, I realized that devs might not ever get the answer and they should still get something. So, I'll make a smaller payment (maybe 25% of the original) to a developer who really brightens my day and I'll prepare to make three subsequent donations in the same amount when it happens again. But, who knows, the Christmas spirit might make me crazy...

I plan to do the same with my Optimus, or whatever phone I end up on. I was considering the Galaxy Indulge, but I read so much nonsense about that. I told my attorney that was no longer an option just before departing. I'm starting to think that most laws are jobs programs for lawyers. Oh well.

Upvote 0
what may help you also by dailing *228 and keep pressing 0 until you reach a live person and have them to reset your data.

Does that differ from a factory reset? If I -- somehow -- end up getting my old phone back when my attorney concludes the business, I'll try it.

Upvote 0
Does that differ from a factory reset? If I -- somehow -- end up getting my old phone back when my attorney concludes the business, I'll try it.

yes data reset makes a big different, and just let them know you cant recieve mms or the internet, and you get data timeout on the internet and market.

My WIFI is crap as well. So far no solution. Just keeps being disconnected, at home. My laptop doesn't get disconnected??

i few things also needs to be check, it's the router some routers has a firmware upgrade that is much needed, and also a few other things like what channel is it on channel 11 seems to be the sweet spot and also the security settings such as wep/wap and so on.

Upvote 0
Metro presented my attorney with options; none are good. You cannot get a refund on an upgrade in the same way that you can with a new account. So, they get to screw you twice. You can trade in for another phone, but since I have the best it only goes downhill. So, I will send my attorney tomorrow to replace this phone with another one and do the same bullshit that I did with the Optimus M.

But, this time I am going to take them to court because they do not notify you of the terms and conditions -- no exchange -- until you've already paid for the item. You know this because the first time they tell you is on the reciept, which they will use against you when you try to refund on an upgrade. So, it's like we make an agreement and then after the agreement I say, "here is you receipt and more conditions that you did not originally agree to but now I have your money hahaha". Well, no, now we go to court.

Rather than taking a metro agent to court; one guy down there is actually trying to help, I am going to see if I can take the owner of the franchise or some other higher up to court. Small claims court is not expensive, and it gives you power to take back what is yours. My friend took someones tires and some other things from the front yard of his former landlord. He did this legally in 1970's when his landlord was ordered -- by a judge -- to refund his rent money and no refund came. The ruling authorized him to collect, which he did in the form of tires and other items.

I almost hope the guy doesn't pay me so that I can go jack his stuff -- assuming the ruling allows this in my state in 2011.

Upvote 0
Metro presented my attorney with options; none are good. You cannot get a refund on an upgrade in the same way that you can with a new account. So, they get to screw you twice. You can trade in for another phone, but since I have the best it only goes downhill. So, I will send my attorney tomorrow to replace this phone with another one and do the same bullshit that I did with the Optimus M.

But, this time I am going to take them to court because they do not notify you of the terms and conditions -- no exchange -- until you've already paid for the item. You know this because the first time they tell you is on the reciept, which they will use against you when you try to refund on an upgrade. So, it's like we make an agreement and then after the agreement I say, "here is you receipt and more conditions that you did not originally agree to but now I have your money hahaha". Well, no, now we go to court.

Rather than taking a metro agent to court; one guy down there is actually trying to help, I am going to see if I can take the owner of the franchise or some other higher up to court. Small claims court is not expensive, and it gives you power to take back what is yours. My friend took someones tires and some other things from the front yard of his former landlord. He did this legally in 1970's when his landlord was ordered -- by a judge -- to refund his rent money and no refund came. The ruling authorized him to collect, which he did in the form of tires and other items.

I almost hope the guy doesn't pay me so that I can go jack his stuff -- assuming the ruling allows this in my state in 2011.

Sorry but if you can afford your own personal attorney to go and exchange a phone for you why are you with Metro? Seems like you have enough money. If you are having all of these issues with their phones and you want a better phone why not go to Verizon or AT&T and get a great phone that will make you much happier? Just asking that's all.

Upvote 0
Sorry but if you can afford your own personal attorney to go and exchange a phone for you why are you with Metro? Seems like you have enough money. If you are having all of these issues with their phones and you want a better phone why not go to Verizon or AT&T and get a great phone that will make you much happier? Just asking that's all.

stay away from AT&T... i used to have them, they are a horrible company.

Upvote 0

Not all attorney's are expensive; do you know how many lawyers live between LA and Vegas? You might also look into pre-paid legal and other programs where you can have an attorney do things for you at little cost. Facts are that if you do not know how to use the courts in this country, you will get screwed. You can act like I am a "rich man" and tell me to go to another carrier, or you can be mature about it and realize that you are being screwed constantly and start to fight back.

Why not get a better phone? They cost more than double, the service costs more than double, and I will not pay more for something that I will not be happy with. I was with several other phone companies throughout my life both in the United States and outside the United States and nothing in the United States has ever satisfied me and this includes land-line service.

I have no confidence in AT&T, they sold phone cards to soldiers in various overseas deployment areas at incredible prices and I was glad when locals started charging eight dollars for thirty minutes instead of 60 dollars for thirty minutes in those little vending machines they had on post. Wasn't I happy to meet those hot Korean girls who said, "Eight dollar for thirty minute call USA!" one day...

I am not interesting in working with companies that rip people off. I am interested in getting what I paid for. If you do not have sympathy for that because I took steps to protect myself that you chose not to take then that sounds like a personal problem. I'm just saying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones