1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

WiFi Connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pdogg79, Aug 25, 2010.

1. pdogg79

pdogg79 Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    Hey guys.

I'm new to this forum, but hopefully I can get some help.

I have the Samsung captivate and it usually has no problems connecting to WiFi networks but it can't connect to my home network. It recognizes the network but I can't use send/receive any data. My two laptops have no problem connecting to my network but I can't get my phone to. Additionally, my Wii has the same problem. It recognizes the network but can't do anything. Its probably a router problem but their support was useless, so I thought I would try here. Its been driving me crazy!

Thanks

Advertisement

2. DT

DT Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Owner, Senior Software Architect, V2N
    Vilano Beach, FL
    If you're connecting to the router, using the proper security, getting an IP allocated, then it's probably DNS related. I had the same issue with one of our consoles (either the Wii or PS3) and my Captivate. I just changed the Captivate over to a fixed IP and a fixed DNS (I used the free Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, but you could hardwire your own ISP values too).

3. rlb4

rlb4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    NJ
    Is it a Linksys router? Several people including myself have had problems with them. I changed to a D-Link and now both my Captivate and PS3 connect.

4. George0211

George0211 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    There really does seem to be an issue with wireless modem on this phone.
    My phone connects to my home network just fine every single time, unless I connect to another wireless network somewhere else. After that, I can not connect back to my home network. I have to turn WiFi off and on a few times, make the phone forget all known networks and re-discover them again, restart the phone and it finally works.

5. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    North Carolina
    I dont understand that. I have the Linksys Router with my Cappy and PS3 working fine with it?