• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi connection

tcaggie24

May 29, 2010
All of a sudden, when I am at my wireless home network, my INC keeps losing its wifi connection. After it sleeps, the connection has to be manually re-established. I have tried to find a setting that may be causing it, however, I have had no luck.

All of my other wireless devices are working fine. Any ideas?:mad:

I had this same issue but was able to resolve it. I have a Linksys router and I did two key changes recently that seemed to have resolved the issue. My Droid Inc constantly stays connected even when in sleep mode now.

1) I changed the router setting to only broadcast in G mode instead of the B/G combination
2) I upgraded the firmware for my router (it was about 3 years old, should have stayed on top of that)

I can't say for sure if it was both changes or just the firmware update, but I suspect it was the firmware after I read through some of the updates it included. You may want to try both of these changes if you can to see if it works for you.

Upvote 0
All of a sudden, when I am at my wireless home network, my INC keeps losing its wifi connection. After it sleeps, the connection has to be manually re-established. I have tried to find a setting that may be causing it, however, I have had no luck.

All of my other wireless devices are working fine. Any ideas?:mad:

did you hit menu when in wifi settings, and go to advanced, and change the sleep policy to never?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones