• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi connection

chukka63

Android Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Norfolk
Hi again,is it me or android or my Nexus 4.When i return to somewhere i have previously connected to their free wifi my phone really struggles or fails to auto connect to it.My old iphone would automatically reconnect,my partners S3 will have an option to sign in and eventually the Nexus might give me that option.
What settings should i have in my phone ??

Thx for any replies and more thx if they contain simple instructions on what to do,if anything

Hi again,is it me or android or my Nexus 4.When i return to somewhere i have previously connected to their free wifi my phone really struggles or fails to auto connect to it.My old iphone would automatically reconnect,my partners S3 will have an option to sign in and eventually the Nexus might give me that option.
What settings should i have in my phone ??

Thx for any replies and more thx if they contain simple instructions on what to do,if anything

Hello chukka. Sometimes it's just a good idea to tap the proposed connection you're returning to and then tap the "forget" choice on the pop-up. Then turn off wifi. Reboot your Nexus then go back in and turn on wifi and let it scan to start over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones