• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root WiFi Connectivity

almahix

Android Enthusiast
Dec 12, 2009
Southern CA
Droid 1 I am able to connect to my actiontec router in my home. After a while I seem to lose conectivity. This can be corrected by going into and back out of airplane mode.
I have other wifi clients such as netbooks and notebooks and none of them seem to have the same problem. If it matters I use wpa 2 security. I cannot find any set up item on either the phone or the router to overcome or eliminate this problem. I have experienced this with several different ROMs and kernels.

Does anyone have any advice that might help me?

Reactions: almahix
Upvote 0
I have had this same issue with everyone telling me to do the same thing...
There is a fix that I found, and should fix any issues for you.
However, I do not take credit for this, I found it while searching for the wireless issue.

Wireless stopped working - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Here you go!

This should work! I had the same problem, and did this and it worked.
If you are referring to the broadband update, I found it and installed it since the original post. So far it is good, but I am not going to shout EUREKA until a few more days without a loss of wifi. But thank you very much for your suggestion. I noticed this is your first post in this forum so allow me to welcome you and once again say thanks.

Upvote 0
I reverted to baseband 3E from 41 and found essentially the same thing. Eventually the wifi will drop and I will have to intervene. The Wifi fixer program will occasionally restore the wifi, but just as often I have to go in and out of airplane mode.

In addition to basebands, I have tried other ROMs and kernels, to no avail. I have other wifi clients that manage to stay connected (or be connected everytime I look) so I doubt that it is my wireless setup. I will visit a friend's with wifi to see if anything changes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones