1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WiFi Connectivity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by almahix, May 18, 2011.

1. almahix

almahix Android Enthusiast

Droid 1 I am able to connect to my actiontec router in my home. After a while I seem to lose conectivity. This can be corrected by going into and back out of airplane mode.
    I have other wifi clients such as netbooks and notebooks and none of them seem to have the same problem. If it matters I use wpa 2 security. I cannot find any set up item on either the phone or the router to overcome or eliminate this problem. I have experienced this with several different ROMs and kernels.

Does anyone have any advice that might help me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. macktns

macktns Member

You're in the rom section so i assume you are rooted, switch roms?

3. almahix

I have tried 3 different ROMs; SS, CM, and LIQ, both froyo and gingerbread. With stock and alternate kernels. Always the same result.
    At present I am trying app wifi fixer...we'll see if it helps.

4. chrischerokee

chrischerokee Lurker

almahix likes this.
  5. almahix

If you are referring to the broadband update, I found it and installed it since the original post. So far it is good, but I am not going to shout EUREKA until a few more days without a loss of wifi. But thank you very much for your suggestion. I noticed this is your first post in this forum so allow me to welcome you and once again say thanks.

6. almahix

I reverted to baseband 3E from 41 and found essentially the same thing. Eventually the wifi will drop and I will have to intervene. The Wifi fixer program will occasionally restore the wifi, but just as often I have to go in and out of airplane mode.

In addition to basebands, I have tried other ROMs and kernels, to no avail. I have other wifi clients that manage to stay connected (or be connected everytime I look) so I doubt that it is my wireless setup. I will visit a friend's with wifi to see if anything changes.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews