1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Wifi connects/disconnects at work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by larremail, Feb 23, 2011.

1. larremail

larremail Lurker

My wifi connection works fine at home. At work no. "Obtaining IP..." then disconnects and it starts all over. I've seen some threads regarding this but no answer that have helped me.

Any help would be highly appreciated.:thinking:

/ L

Advertisement

2. rhod

rhod Well-Known Member

what kind of wifi encryption does your work router use? i'm assuming the phone finds the access point and you entered the password to get to the "obtaining ip address" part...? it may need to be configured on the router to accept

3. larremail

larremail Lurker

Well, the router belongs to the company next door. We are however allowed to access it. I

4. rhod

rhod Well-Known Member

sounds like everything you have done is fine - i bet its down to the signal strength seeing as your laptop is showing that message.

you could always testing it by getting closer to the router somehow and seeing if it works. Another thing you could try is turning off 'mobile network' in the wireless & networks setting as this may be causing the wifi to select the stronger g or 3g network instead of wifi. also check out the advanced settings in the wifi section. may help.

if its not down to the signal then my bet would be the configuration of the router - but that would mean logging on to their router and i don't know if thats feasible?!?!

anyway good luck with it