1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi connects to office wifi, but strangely then doesn't actually work. Help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jozudave, May 20, 2011.

1. Jozudave

Jozudave Newbie

Hi fellow SGS2 fans!

I'm enjoying my new Galaxy but having a few teething problems as it's my first smartphone and it has some reasonably complicated features.

One feature that should be very simply though is just connecting to wifi. At home that seems to be working absolutely fine, but in my work office I'm having a problem.

After connecting using the office wifi password it doesn't actually seem to work. It says it's connected fine and if I disconnect and reconnect it then it will again indicate that I've joined ok and the signal strength is excellent according to the signal indicator at the top of the screen.

So then when I try to load a webpage and anything else that requires a net connection it just doesn't do it and ultimately tells me it can't and to try later or check my connection.

I'm stumped. I have no idea what the problem is. As I said, it doesn't do this at home so I really don't know what to do!

Any help would be very appreciated! :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. skruffy79

skruffy79 Newbie

Hey!

I had a similar problem using work wifi - emails were not syncing, it ended up some of the internet ports were closed (had been hacked so security was tightened) & that's why it would not sync, maybe your having a similar problem......if your administrator is cool then ask him he'll be able to tell you.... :D

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews