• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi constantly cuts out

PoiSpin

Jan 3, 2014
A couple weeks ago everyone in my house was having trouble connecting to our home wifi. We constantly rebooted the modem and after a couple days nobody was having the problem any more... except me. For some reason my awe will be connected to my wifi but no signal is coming through. I constantly have to check to see if I'm actually getting internet. This is a very aggravating problem especially when I'm downloading files. Does anyone know of a way to fix this or is anyone else having the same problem?

Thats the thing, I can connect to the wifi and it will work fine for a while but then it acts as if I have no connection even though it shows that I do. Everyone elses phone works fine and they have no wifi problems its just ny phone thats doing it. I'm not rooted and completely stock so I have no idea why I'm having this issue. My IP has checked the modem and there is no problem its a brand new modem thats only a couple months old giving to us by the IP themselves

Upvote 0
I have this issue as well, as well as many others. Link to more people complaining about it:

http://androidforums.com/zte-awe/802455-zte-awe-wifi-bug.html

I've had numerous android and ios devices and never had any issues outside of with this phone, it is not a provider or router issue (or if it is related to router, it's not responding normally like every other device does). Something is wrong with the phone where the wifi connection goes stale if 'location services' options are checked.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue an sadly its the internet... if you have timewarnercable you could actually upgrade to 15mbps a second and that drastically improves the overall internet.... i did that and got no issues.... also get a new netgear or 2wire router.... a router that is dual band is highly reccommended the almost best performance xD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones