1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

WIFI Direct connection notification

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Guest, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Guest

Guest Guest
    None
    Hi Friends,

I am facing trouble in connecting my Note 3 with Sony Bravia smart TV using wifi direct.
    Infact i could connect initially and could share pictures and had problems in sharing video. Error says.. file type not supported.
    Later to rectify that, i have deleted the connection from Bravia and from then i could not connect my Note 3 with Bravia. My Bravia is listed in Wifi Direct, ,but when i tap to connect, it says connecting.... for a while and then it returns to Tap to connect. :(
    Problem might be at Bravia as well.. please help if any one faced similar issue or any idea about hot to overcome this

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    The first issue is easy - the TV doesn't support the file type the phone was sending it. The only way to "rectify" that is to open the file in a video editor and save it as a file type that the TV does support, or use a video conversion program on it to convert it to that type. (Look in the brava manual for the file types it supports for video.)

The second problem? Maybe go through the whole setup on the Bravia again, as if you had just turned it on for the first time.

DINESH R and scary alien like this.
  3. DINESH R

DINESH R Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2014

Thanks Rukbat, It was me who posted this as guest, As a common solution i tried Master reset of My Bravia and now both Note 3 and Bravia are close friends :)...
    I registered to Android Forum. only to Thank you :)