1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi disconnects and immediately reconnects

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Diehard84, May 14, 2021.

1. Diehard84

Diehard84 Lurker

Hey all, first post here.. I've already done a search and couldn't find a solution.

Like the title says, my brand new S21 disconnects from wifi and then promptly reconnects. This happens on every network I've been connected to so I know it's not a network issue. I've tried everything I can think of, Resetting Network settings, Clear cache, factory reset.. all no help. Any one have any suggestions on what to try or apps that might be causing the interrupt?

The weirdest part is that this was happening on my previous phone too. Samsung A51 5g UW and Verizon gave me an upgrade. I'm stumped!

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Try rebooting your WiFi router.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Diehard84

Diehard84 Lurker

Tha ks for your reply but it happens on any wifi network I'm connected to. It's local to the phone.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Go to sammobile and try flashing a firmware update. If that does not work then we can assume it's not a software issue and more of a hardware issue. Since it's new, it should still be under warranty.

5. Diehard84

Diehard84 Lurker

I would think that could be it if I didn't get a different model phone that did the same thing. I had an a51 that was doing it then Verizon upgraded me to an s21 and it's doing it too. That's what makes me think it's an app or some obscure setting that's causing it. I'm freakin stumped

6. ocnbrze

just curious....have you tried rebooting the router as suggested by @mikedt ?

7. Diehard84

Diehard84 Lurker

Lol yes. It happens on ANY network my phone is connected too.

8. ocnbrze

well i still stand by my previous post......have you talked to your carrier or wherever you bought the phone from about your issue? i would see what they say and maybe try and get a warranty replacement.

Dannydet likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S21 5G release date was 29 January. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 888 or Exynos 2100 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

29 January
Release Date
Reviews