1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi disconnects while screen is off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by efApple, Dec 29, 2011.

1. efApple

efApple Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned or asked yet.. but when I'm connected with wifi and my phone goes to sleep, at some point the wifi disconnects. I know this because when I turn my screen on, it switches from 4g to wifi. My Wifi settings are "Keep WiFi on during sleep" - ALWAYS but it keeps dropping. Anyone else having this issue? Any solutions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Have you been able to connect to your wifi on another device and make sure it is not your internet connection ISP or possibly a router issue?

3. efApple

efApple Member

Yea.. my Transformer tab has no issues holding the connection.. and it also happens when I'm at work. Since i have absolutely no signal in the basement where I work, I'm always on wifi.

4. ohiojosh78

ohiojosh78 Newbie

My girlfriend and.I.both have.this.issue

5. MaTiCeK

MaTiCeK Lurker

My GNex also has this issue. I tried it on official stock 4.01 & 4.02 as well as custom 4.03 roms. The issue persisted.

6. ohiojosh78

ohiojosh78 Newbie

What is causing this issue? Is it software or hardware?

7. plemonjello

plemonjello Newbie

I've noticed this too. very annoying.

8. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Android Expert

Go into Setting, Wifi, Menu ie. 3 dots, Advanced, Keep WiFi on during sleep

9. ohiojosh78

ohiojosh78 Newbie

Been there. Done that. Doesn't work.

10. pcriz

pcriz Android Enthusiast

I would say it is definitely software. Seems as if it is ignoring the command to keep Wifi alive.

Another reason why I returned my phone.

The OP said he did just that. In fact I believe it is that way by default. Very frustrating when you are trying to stream music.

Can't keep a mobile data connection and the dam thing kills the wifi when the screen blacks out..

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews