• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi disconnects

Shinypants

Aug 29, 2011
The wifi sometimes disconnects on my 2nd Triumph. Weird thing is, it only seems to do this on my brother's network which uses a hidden wpa2 network. I was in my cousin's house for a week and didn't notice any disconnection.

My first Triumph didn't have this problem in my brother's network, however.

When my 2nd Triumph disconnects from wifi, it immediately goes to 3g which is decent so this is so far only a minor annoyance.

Any suggestions?

So far the only other thing that bothers me about this phone is the random reboots which is why I exchanged my first Triumph. I'm considering getting the insurance plan which may mean easier replacement of this phone in a few months when they've hopefully worked out the bugs.

The wifi sometimes disconnects on my 2nd Triumph. Weird thing is, it only seems to do this on my brother's network which uses a hidden wpa2 network. I was in my cousin's house for a week and didn't notice any disconnection.

My first Triumph didn't have this problem in my brother's network, however.

When my 2nd Triumph disconnects from wifi, it immediately goes to 3g which is decent so this is so far only a minor annoyance.

Any suggestions?

So far the only other thing that bothers me about this phone is the random reboots which is why I exchanged my first Triumph. I'm considering getting the insurance plan which may mean easier replacement of this phone in a few months when they've hopefully worked out the bugs.

Known issue with android in general, have him unhide the network, take all security off of it, and lock it down using MAC addresses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones