1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support wifi disonnect and unable to change notification sounds on S7 Edge

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    I have had my Samsung S7 Edge for 2 weeks now and have two very annoying problems that I can't seem to get fixed even at my Verizon store. Maybe future updates will fix unless anyone has suggestions. It's important to note that my phone is currently up to date on all updates. Please help!
    1. Wifi disconnect continuously - I know there have been many discussions regarding the S7 and WiFi issues and I'm confused with all of them or which one to try. In my home which has wifi, the connection continuously drops then goes back up, videos on FB buffer and slows to a halt. This is only on my phone and never did this on my S4. It makes me nervous because sometimes I find I'm not on Wifi and and I'm viewing videos using my data. This really pisses me off.
    2. Can not differentiate notification sounds for email or text msgs. - Verizon was especially stumped at this issue. It doesn't matter what ringtone I select in my text settings, the sound when a text is received defaults to my primary email notification sound. So, I never know if I'm getting a text or email. I go back in, and it shows the correct ringtone selected, but disregards it when I receive a text. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Any help on these two issues would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

I am surprised you didn't ask for a replacement since you were already with Verizon and they conceded that your device has an issue.