• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi Doesn't Connect Automatically

Davy49

Aug 3, 2011
Hi,
I don't know if it's just my phone, or if other user's of the G5 are having a similar issue. At least with my phone, sometimes the wifi connection doesn't connect automatically like it used to. I recently received the android software update to 8.0 Oreo. At least with my phone, sometimes it shows that my wifi connection is available at home, and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't show as available, when I click on that connection, it comes up as 'disabled'. I don't know what's going on, is this happening to anyone else ?
David

Well the first thing to do is reboot your phone and your home router, and then see if the some problem continues to happen. If it does, try going into your Settings menu >> Wi-Fi menu, delete the entry for your home network, and then add it back. If your WiFi connectivity is still a hit-or-miss thing, you might want to take a more drastic measure and use Oreo's 'Network Reset' option:
https://www.theandroidsoul.com/reset-network-settings-android-o/
Note that this does do what it says, so all network related settings get set back to their defaults. Any saved WiFi networks and Bluetooth pairings will be wiped. If you've got a lot of other WiFi networks saved (i.e. from work, family, friend, neighbors) you'll have to go through the process of adding all them back in later.
If all that doesn't solve the problem, it would help to know more details about your home network -- is it an ISP-supplied modem/router or do you have your own router? If your own, what brand/model? In the event this is just some kind of wireless coverage issue, is the router located nearby (the same room) or on the other side of your home?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones