• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wifi Dropout Problem Persists: Someone, Please Help!

It looks like my wifi problems are over too.

I don't know what did it but on Friday I flashed the Vorks kernel and the leaked drivers + RIL as well as switching the channel on the router again.

At the time, the problem remained but since yesterday I haven't had a single dropped connection.

If I knew what solved it I'd thank the appropriate person but I don't so I'll I have to offer a group cheers to everyone. Cheers!

Upvote 0

I don't know what did it but on Friday I flashed the Vorks kernel and the leaked drivers + RIL as well as switching the channel on the router again.

At the time, the problem remained but since yesterday I haven't had a single dropped connection.

If I knew what solved it I'd thank the appropriate person but I don't so I'll I have to offer a group cheers to everyone. Cheers!

Given that you are now the third person to try the Vork Kernal, I think we can safely say it is the fix. When fixing problems by the way, you should always do it progressively. E.g. I tried rom > static ip > wifi sleep policy > radio > ril & drivers > wifi security > wifi channel > ManU kernal > Vorks Kernal.

By doing it in stages, you can identify the problem and the solution much more easily :)

Also, seeing as this has been quite successful I think i'll email the dev's of cm7, gv, oxygen etc as I see lot's with this problem over at xda with no fix.

Again, thanks to everyone for their support and help.

Reactions: Sak01
Upvote 0

As you brought it up, you are allowed to give multiple thanks .

Reactions: Sak01
Upvote 0
^^Done.

I also wanted to add that my battery life has become excellent. 70% still available after 24 hours. Admittedly my usage was much lighter than usual - 25 mins of calls, a few texts, not touching it otherwise (full brightness though) - but I've never been able to avoid charging it overnight before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones