1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi dropping. ..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrteeth, Jul 11, 2013.

1. mrteeth

mrteeth Well-Known Member

Just started happening a few days ago. I kept seeing the pop up message that says I just connected to my network, which means I somehow lost connection. But it happens really quick. I get my connection back within seconds. Is it the Note or my router? Thx.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Android Expert

Good question, does it happen on any other device? Does it happen when you use another network?

3. bmclachlan

bmclachlan Newbie

This also happens to me but after I press the 'try to reconnect button it seems to connect. Occasionally it happens on my Galaxy Note (I) as well. I attribute this to Jellybean 4.1.2 as I dont recall this happening when both devices were ICS.

4. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

I have this happen to me on both my Note 2 and Note 10.1. But it's not signal dropping. It keeps bouncing between my 2.4 and 5.0 GHz networks. My Wi-Fi signals are strong and I'm browsing and checking emails without issue.

5. marcodi

marcodi Lurker

Try the WIFI FIXER app

6. racer12306

racer12306 Member

I had this happen before. It kept trying to obtain an IP. I dedicated an IP address in my router for the Notes MAC address and haven't had a problem since.

7. mrteeth

mrteeth Well-Known Member

I solved it by resetting my router. That seemed to fix it. It hasn't happened again. You need to reset your routers once in awhile