1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root WiFi Dropping

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mdizzle99, May 8, 2014.

1. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 10, 2010
    Hey Guys, running latest Viper but recently started to run into radio problems. It seems my WiFi can't stay connected for any extended period of time. It happens at work and home. Any suggestions on things to try? I've disabled wifi optimization and auto-switch but it hasn't seemed to help. The inconsistency is the strangest part. For instance, right now I've been connected for a few minutes, but other times it doesn't seem to connect for longer than a few seconds; I can't find a pattern.

The only thing I believe I changed recently was blacklisting a DNS request on Adaway. Could that possibly be related?

Advertisement

2. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Ohio
    First thing I would try at home> remove the network from your phone and reboot the router. After the router reboots add the network to your phone again and see if the issue persists.

If it works at home, remove the work network from your phone and re add it (unless this is a small enough office that you can safely reset the router, in which case also do that).

It is unlikely that the issue is related to the blacklisting.

Let us know the results :)

scotty85, mdizzle99 and Granite1 like this.
  3. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 10, 2010
    Thanks, but no go there. I read a little bit on the venom thread over at xda that there was at least a couple other people with WiFi issues but I never saw any resolution. I actually think all of my radios are having problems. Very strange. I'm going to do a factory wipe, possibly go back to old Nandroid and see if it starts working so I can rule out hardware.

scotty85 likes this.
  4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    If you did a Viper OTA, download the latest full Rom. Wipe completely and flash fresh. I was having issues last couple of days after updating to 1.5. Wiped and flashed fresh, no problems now. Give that a try if your restore fixes it. :)

scotty85 and SolApathy like this.

HTC One M8

The HTC One M8 is the Taiwanese company's flagship phone for the first half of 2014. It built on its predecessor with an upgraded 5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and an UltraPixel rear Duo Camera.
Tags: