1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WIFI goes on by itself

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by donmeca2020, Nov 3, 2014.

1. donmeca2020

donmeca2020 Well-Known Member

another strange thing i feel about the note, while its not super bad, it does however annoy the crap out of me. it won't go off if you leave the area, it'll continue just being on and draining the battery. for some reason whenever entering any area with WIFI, it automatically goes on.... i don't like that what so ever, can we disable that ?

Once again coming from a GS3 never had that issue. when you wanted it on it was on.. when it was off it was off. it wouldn't just switch one by itself.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xTHExDRIZZLEx

xTHExDRIZZLEx Newbie

There is a couple different methods to disable any sort of turning on automatically of the WiFi. If you go to your WiFi settings, up at the right you should have 3 dots that will bring up the menu. Go to "Advanced", and in here you'll find an option labeled "Smart Network Switch". Uncheck it and close out of the menu.

Another method, which may not apply to all carriers, is the Connections optimizer which can be found under Settings>>More Networks>>Mobile Networks>>Connections Optimizer.....Make sure that box is unchecked and that should prevent the WiFi from turning on for you.

donmeca2020 and Ca_lvn like this.
  3. rhrihm

rhrihm Lurker

If you are using a Sprint galaxy Note 4, you probably have "connections optimizer" turned on. settings-more networks-mobile networks-connection optimizer-turn off. That should stop the phone from connecting to Wi-Fi networks. If you are not using Sprint then I really can't help. Good luck.

chilledjames and donmeca2020 like this.
  4. Ca_lvn

Ca_lvn Newbie

With Sprint you second method worked thank you , was so anoying auto connecting.
    The down side with sprint is you can not use data and talk at the same time, so with wifi on that is possible.
    But for $30 month unlimmited data perfectly happy on sprint.

5. donmeca2020

donmeca2020 Well-Known Member

i already tried the first one and no luck, i just tried the second method. i'll see how this works tomorrow.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews