• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi Hotspot for up to 8 devices!

Hasn't Sprint confirmed that 4G and CDMA are different radios, allowing for simultaneous usage (at least in 4G areas)?

Hi! Can you guys answer a question for me? When you're hosting up to 8 devices and a voice call comes in, what happens? Will it pause the 4G till you hang up? Is there a way to ignore calls when you're hosting? What if it jumps between 3G and 4G? I live in a kinda weak area. I don't know how strong the 4G is around here though. I guess I'll have to get a EVO to find out.

Upvote 0
To use the hotspot its gonna cost you an extra 29.99 a month plus the 10$ a month and if you arnt in a 4g your gonna be stuck in the 3g. If you root and go 3rd party then your stuck on the 3g /possibly with the cap and no one knows if you will be able to support the 8 devices with out the 29.99 fee to turn them on!!!

Sprint may be dumb on alot of things but im not sure there is gonna be away around Sprint this time!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones