1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi Hotspot issues - x10

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by O77er, Oct 7, 2011.

1. O77er

O77er Lurker

I recently upgraded my x10 to Android 2.3.

I was excited because I could use the wifi hotspot feature!

I am trying to connect my Acer Iconia tablet running Honeycomb 3.0, it detects the x10 wifi hotspot, connects to it but there doesn't seem to be a transfer of data ie, I cannot surf the web or use the market over the wifi hot spot - it acts like it has no connection to the internet.

Any tips on how to make this work?

Advertisement

2. lenocm

lenocm Newbie

Does the X10 have a 3G/HSDPA connection running to provide the internet connection?

3. O77er

O77er Lurker

Yes. Of course.
    Ut doesjt matter that i am running two different versions of android does it?

4. lenocm

lenocm Newbie

No, the versions of Android don't matter - I've connected my Windows 7 Netbook to my phone's WiFi hotspot for internet access. I can only suggest checking that the correct settings have been entered into both devices.

5. KyleB

KyleB Well-Known Member

Hmmm, does anyone know if phones with "mobile hotspot" broadcast the wifi with ad-hoc network or not? I'm worried I am going to have the same issue...but I thought from my googling that phones with hotspot were not ad hoc.

I know there is a problem with trying to tether to ad hoc. I have a rooted magic and it won't tether to Barnicle wifi because of the ad hoc. I was hoping when I upgrade to a "hotspot" phone, I would have better luck.
    Anyone?

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

My PC shows that my SGSL broadcasts in infrastructure mode. That said, I doubt the phones would broadcast an adhoc network since they cant natively connect to adhoc networks.

7. lenocm

lenocm Newbie

What are you trying to achieve with an Ad Hoc network?

With WiFi enabled, the phone's Wireless Network Adapter connects to an Infrastructure network.

With a 3G/HSDPA connection running and WiFi Hotspot enabled, the phone acts as an Infrastructure network for other devices' Wireless Network Adapters to connect to. What do you want to connect the phone with in an Ad Hoc network?

8. O77er

O77er Lurker

So i guess there isnt anyobe who is experiencing the same issue as ny original post then? None of these repkies have been helpful....

9. lenocm

lenocm Newbie

While they may not have resolved your problem, if you've found them to be unhelpful there is clearly little point in trying to assist further. :(