1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi hotspot question!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zero82992, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Zero82992

Zero82992 Member

This question is probably a day late and a dollar short, but can I make my Elite a Wifi hotspot now that it is rooted and has CMW installed? Lamen terms please.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mrjello

mrjello Member

Yes. Built in tethering doesn't work; use an app like "Wifi Tether."

3. Zero82992

Zero82992 Member

Is there any specific app I can use without giving me an Error 67?

4. Artine

Artine Android Expert

If you are rooted, try using the app Wifi Tether For Root Users from the Play Store, and you should be just fine. If you still get Error 67s then, let us know.

5. Zero82992

Zero82992 Member

I am rooted and have CMW installed. If it Error 67's, will my data come back? Because before I rooted, I tried an app and I had to factory reset my phone, which sucked.

6. Dark One

Dark One Android Expert

Change the setup method to WEXT (ad-hoc) and you won't get error 67.

7. ktb83

ktb83 Android Enthusiast

In my experience, if you're running the ZV5 firmware, then error 67 should only be temporary and at most you might have to reboot to get data back.

Just don't use tethering features from widgets and apps like Quick Settings or Power Controls (apps which have a hotspot/AP toggle feature). You might want to avoid FoxFi WiFi tethering too (I once got an temporary error 67 from that), but the FoxFi bluetooth tethering feature (used with the PdaNet Tablet app to provide 3G to a tablet) works fine in most cases.

Note - IIRC, you will not be able to tether things such as a PS3 or Blackberry, they do not support ad-hoc connections

I've had success tethering a laptop and a netbook using both the WiFi Tether for Root Users and Barnicle WiFi Tether apps on the Elite.

You might want to try searching the forum next time, this question has been asked and answered many times.

Good luck!

Artine likes this.

LG Optimus Elite Forum

The LG Optimus Elite release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews