1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WiFi hotspot tethering issues - Stock kernel, 4.0.4, T-Mobile UK

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by steve1401, Dec 17, 2012.

1. steve1401

steve1401 Member

I'm seeing some strange behaviour with WiFi hotspot tethering on my GS2.

To set the scene, I have tried various other ROMS, but have gone back to the stock ROM which I prefer for various reasons and have yesterday updated via Kies to 4.0.4. I have great 3G coverage and using EE as the provider, set automatically in settings.

I can activate the wireless hotspot and connect to it (using my Samsung Tab2) fine - i.e. it connects and gets an IP address etc. However, when I try and browse the interneton the tab or a laptop, there are 'connection issues' can't remember the exact message.

Investigating, I noticed a 'Wifi Direct' option in the networks setting, so I enabled that and tried reconnecting the hotspot tethering.

The hotspot tethering turned the 'Wifi Direct' off, however, the hotspot turned on and and this time I was able to browse the internet on my tab. Happy days!

Only problem is, I can't browse the internet on my mobile now when the hotspot is turned on. This was never the case in any of the custom ROMS I tried.

It is also intermittent. I might have to go through the whole routine everytime just to get the hotpsot to work for the tab or my laptop.

This proves that its a Smasung issue, not a T-Mobile/EE issue as the tethering works.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

Hi Steve :hello:

I believe you would have the i9100 model Galaxy S2. I'll move this to the Galaxy S2 International forum so people more familiar with your phone can help.

steve1401 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews