1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wifi in school isn't working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jakob95, May 2, 2012.

1. jakob95

jakob95 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    My school has a Wifi that is encrypted with a proxy, and there is no way for me to be able to use it. I can connect to the Wifi, and use apps like Mail, Opera Mini, Google Voice(Used to work but since yesterday does not wok on the school wifi anymore). Other apps such as the web browser do not work because they require you to input a proxy. Well I have a HTC Incredible 2 and on my phone if you go to proxy settings in the Web Browser you are able to input the Wi-Fi Proxy host and port, which I do and it still doesn't work. I then downloaded the app ProxyDroid and that doesn't work as well, I also tried the PAC and that also didn't connect. I know this isn't just my phone as I had the same problem on my HTC Incredible 1, LG Ally, and tons of other custom ROMs on this phone. Also nobody in my school that has any Android phone is able to connect to the Wifi. But on the iPhone's/iPod Touch the school wifi works perfectly and it accepts the proxy. What am I doing wrong?

My school's host name is Proxy, and its port is 8002. I can either use that or the PAC which is http://proxy.nycboe.org/proxy.pac .

Advertisement