1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wifi Internet Connection Dropping

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Leevis, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Leevis

Leevis Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Hi
    I have a really strange internet issue. When i am at home using Sky Broadband, my internet connection sometimes drops. I am always connected to the router ie wifi stays on but when i try to get on the internet it doesnt work.
    Its fine when i am at work, i guess that it has something to do with my settings on the router but no idea what to do. I changed the router yesterday so that it just broadcasts G and not N but this hasnt changed it either. If i reboot the phone it works for a bit but then ultimately drops again. very strange, anyone experienced the same thing?
    Lee

Advertisement

2. decior

decior Newbie
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    England
    I had also problem with dropping connection when I was using my Sagem SKY router (I almost didnt have signal 4 metres from the router, and no connection behind two walls)
    I changed the broadcasting channel from 10 or 11 to 1. Don't know why, but know is much better.

3. Leevis

Leevis Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    On this one i remain connected to the router/access point, its just that i cannot reach the internet, its as if the router is stopping me

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Go to Settings/Wireless & network/Wifi settings and select the wireless connection in use. What is shown for Security, and is the handset using a valid IP address for your network?

Also it might be worth checking the router manufacturer's web site for a firmware update.

5. Leevis

Leevis Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    i'll have a look when i get home, i am at work at the moment on the wifi here but it is fine here

Slug likes this.