1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi Internet wont connect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kitari, May 19, 2011.

1. Kitari

Kitari Lurker

I got this phone on the 10th. I have since then set up several different WiFi spots to help me save on my data until I figure out what uses how much up. The first WiFi spot I set up was the home spot. It worked fine until about 3 days ago. It worked before bed, got up the next morning and nothing. This is an open connection, so no WEP or WEP(2) passwords to deal with. Ive shut the WiFi off on the phone, turned it back on. Husband who thought the net was down flushed and reset the router. The phone will say Optaining IP Address Connected Optaining IP Address Connected Obtaining IP Address Denied So in short... Help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

I had the same issue as do many others; for a while the app fixerwifi (or something like that) from market worked, but it stopped working again on my wife's and mother-in-law's captivates. Since then I found a solution but it does require rooting the phone and replacing a system file; if you want to keep your warranty and/or plan to return the phone, do not do the following. If you are fine with the mod and such, check out this thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=907772

Has worked 100% on both phones for the last 3 months

3. Kitari

Kitari Lurker

I have no clue on the rooting, I'd prefer not to as I am hard on my phone. I dont know if rooting will void the insurance I have on it. We flushed the router again and surprisingly enough it connected. Went to work, came home, same issue (its now saying "disabled" vs "denied") but when I told it to forget then reconnect it did fine. im not 100% sure though, I will try that app fixerwifi.

4. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

I would stay away from that link then, it does require rooting and hacking a system file. It is sad that you have to hack the phone to fix it. Go figure... Please let me know if fixerwifi works or not.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews