• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi is not working

mansawant

Lurker
Jan 2, 2013
Hi,

I have an issue with my Samsung Galaxy SII phone's wifi connection. I have this phone since Nov 2011. Until couple of days before it was working absolutely fine. But now although it's showing green Wifi symbol its not showing any wifi networks and also I can't turn it off. When I checked the wifi under settings it's not completely off there is difference between the Bluetooth off and Wifi off. Though both are greyed out but still there is a difference in the brightness of the off status. Also when I tried to turn on wifi under settings it shows the message 'turning on wifi' but nothing happens however the wifi symbol becomes green.

The problem is now I think though it does not show wifi networks but still remains ON so battery dies after couple of hours.

Please can some one advise what could be wrong or is there any way to disable the wifi option permanently.

Thanks.
....Mansawant

Hi,

I have an issue with my Samsung Galaxy SII phone's wifi connection. I have this phone since Nov 2011. Until couple of days before it was working absolutely fine. But now although it's showing green Wifi symbol its not showing any wifi networks and also I can't turn it off. When I checked the wifi under settings it's not completely off there is difference between the Bluetooth off and Wifi off. Though both are greyed out but still there is a difference in the brightness of the off status. Also when I tried to turn on wifi under settings it shows the message 'turning on wifi' but nothing happens however the wifi symbol becomes green.

The problem is now I think though it does not show wifi networks but still remains ON so battery dies after couple of hours.

Please can some one advise what could be wrong or is there any way to disable the wifi option permanently.

Thanks.
....Mansawant

Hello and welcome to the forums, mansawant. Thank you for asking about your S2 wifi issue here.

First of all we'd like to know which version of the Galaxy S2 you have. I went ahead and moved your query/thread to the "International" version area here, but tell us if we need to move it to a different version area for you.

Meanwhile, sometimes wifi issues have to do with changes in the router serving the signal, and of course sometimes it's a configuration change in the device itself. I suspect a new app or widget recently installed has intereferd with things just enough to cause instability.

Have a try at disabling/removing your most recently activated/installed apps/widgets first, reboot the phone and try wifi.

Let's see what others here have to say about this. Also, be sure to let us know if we need to move this thread to a different Samsung Galaxy 2 sub-forum for you. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones