• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Issue- can't connect to home router

Springer

Lurker
Jul 28, 2009
Pretty much as the title says. There appears to be an issue with my Hero-router Wifi connection. Has anyone had similar experiences or have any advice?

My Hero can generally see my home wireless router and report a good signal, though the visibility can drop out (when my other devices are still happily connected). It can also see my neighbours' networks, so it isn't a range issue.

For the most part, the Hero just doesn't seem to want to connect. If I reboot the router it will connect briefly for a couple of secs. I've tried altering a few of the router broadcast settings, trying b-only/ g-only/ b+g, but this hasn't helped (n isn't available, but I understand the Hero to be g anyway).

I haven't yet been to another Wifi area, to check if it will connect to other networks. My suspicion is it is a specific compatibility issue with my router (Zoom). There seems a similar isue with a Netgear router here: Just got my Hero!!! [Archive] - Android Community Forums

All help appreciated, as I was counting on predominantly using the Wifi option whilst at home:thinking: Ta

Same deal here - took lots of head-scratching to connect to my Draytek. Any encryption seemed to cause it problems. Dunno if it was luck or design, but opening the link up (no encryption at all) long enough to allow the Hero to authenticate and obtain an IP address seemed to do the trick. I enabled WPA2 immediately and the Hero reconnected flawlessly and has remained rock-solid ever since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones