1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wifi issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrmooney, Apr 20, 2012.

1. mrmooney

mrmooney Well-Known Member

Phone connects and works great on wifi l until screen is turned off then it says I'm connected yo wifi but internet won't work? same thing in my wifes phone and I've tried rebooting modem and router with no luck? Any ideas? Haven't been able to test another wifi network yet but this is frustrating. router is a Belkin

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

GO to wifi settings, then advanced.

Change the sleep policy to 'never'. That will make sure the phone is connected when you turn the screen back on.

3. mrmooney

Yeah did that to mine and my wifes and it still does it?
    Wonder if my router is to old or on the wrong channel or something im not a big wifi guru.

4. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

Is it possible that a program like Juice Defender is running and shutting down the network communication when the display goes dark?

If you are running JD, disable it. And see if the behavior changes. I'm telling you this because with the free version, I have to disable JD when I stream music in my car, otherwise, the music stops when it finishes the next song. As soon as I illuminate the screen, it moves onto the next song... :shot:

5. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

Stef did you see my other comment about how to prevent jd from killing apps like streaming music? You use interactive settings to set it to enable/screen off. I do it for SiriusXM, pandora and others with no issues.

6. mrmooney

Not running juice defender.

7. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

So you both have spectrums and it's only giving you problems on one of them?

8. mrmooney

9. mrmooney

Hers is stock rom mine is running broke out 1.2

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews