• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WIFI issue

cultor

Apr 22, 2010
I have a problem with this phone
I have it on my wireless WIFI connection at home and when I let the phone alone for a few hours (is hard I know) and I "wake it up" It still shows connected BUT it is not... I get a message to select my timezone since it can't detect it (think it's cause of that, dunno for sure) and I don't have any internet based applications that work. Example, internet loads and halts while connecting to the site and after a while I get a "page cannot be displayed".
I mailed to the store wher I bought it and they claim this is normal, since the phone, when it goes to stand by, switches of wifi, so when it wakes up it needs to reconnect... I find this weird, since it shows that it is connected to my wifi, but yet it isn't...
It isn't my home network since I tryed others with the same result. Although few days ago it didn't happen... The phone stayed connected.

I was just wondering if this is al true and if you guys are having the same thing. Maybe it disconnects after 3 hours or something, I dunno, just want to be sure I have a 100% working phone.

thx

I had a problem like this the other day, and worried that my phone had gone bad! Turned out that the internet provider had gone down and it was neither a network nor phone issue. Phew! However, once the provider was back online, I still had the same problem: non-loading pages, no updating. EEK! What I did was to go to manage apps and force close the internet browser, then restart it through the icon and all was well again... Aaaah. Like all computer devices, it gets confused when something is not where, or doing, what it expects, and then does not know what to do. Android is great, but it is not infallible!

Any help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones