1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WiFi Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Munky78, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Munky78

Munky78 Newbie

Git a problem with my Note 2's wifi. I just bought and setup a Linksys EA3500 router with new Xfinity internet service. The speed is 25mb down, 5mb up. I connected two ipads and the wife's iphone, and they're all getting 25-27 mb down and 5-7 mb up.

My Note 2 is not even getting half the download speed 7-10mb down, but it getting the full upload speed.

Now, this happened on all the ios products until I reset all network settings.
    Is there an equivalent of that on android or what might be going on? Ive forgot the network, rebooted, even went into router settings and changed the network name.

I dont want to have to erase everything in my phone. Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

I don't think it is a router or phone issue, still good speeds to me, not all device will show the same speed

You can try and reboot, shut down, pull the battery for 15 seconds, then put it back and boot her up, and try again, what app are you using for speed test all, you can also test on a browser from your device also for testing, just make sure you install a flash player or you won't be able to use and test from a browser. Cheers;)

3. Munky78

Munky78 Newbie

Definitely much better speed than 5mb dsl...just seemed a bit odd that there is no reset network settings type of option.

Disabled the 5ghz on the router and changed the password and ssid and it made it a bit better, but still not getting the full speed. Will try removing the battery as you said and hopefully that will make it better.

As for the app, it is the speedtest.net app...a bit flakey compared with the ios version and I used a browser based one from dslreports. I use AdAway, could that have anything to do with it?

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews