1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wifi issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xdollface8, Dec 12, 2013.

1. xdollface8

xdollface8 Newbie

Hello All,

I own a ASUS transformer prime, about a month ago it stopped connecting to wifi for me. I called ASUS they wanted $250 to fix it over the phone. I ended up giving it to the computer guy at my dads work. He was able to connect it to three different networks no problem. I got it home and it connected to my home network. It was fixed my magic.

Sadly my magic fix has run out, it again will not connect to wifi. I tried at home, and on campus. Before I ask this guy to look at it again and look a fool if it works I figured I would try here.

The tablet picks up the network, lets me enter it's password, obtains the IP address then it does not connect and retries over & over.

I have reset my router, also my other devices are connecting to my home network so I know that isnt the issue.

I'll keep all other WiFi objects off while we try to solve this problem, just to be sure the tablet gets my routers full attention.

Someone help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Tell it to "forget" that network connection, then try to connect again.

3. xdollface8

xdollface8 Newbie

I have tried that three times, the problem repeats it's self =[

4. xdollface8

xdollface8 Newbie

The TF asks me for the password, I enter it. It then says "connecting" which changes to "secured & saved" after some time... occasionally it says "obtaining ip address"... however it never connects.

5. xdollface8

xdollface8 Newbie

Signel Strength reads as excellent
    Link speed 54mpbs

6. knotez1

knotez1 Lurker

Hello xdollface8, did you ever figure your problem out? I am having the identical problem with 2 generic units.

knotez1

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews