1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wifi Issues - Freezes and then wont turn off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fury-s12, Feb 21, 2011.

1. fury-s12

fury-s12 Newbie
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Uni Student
    Australia
    hi all, having an issue with connecting to my uni's wifi and thought id ask here before trying to track down an help desk guy

im not sure how much help things will be as obviosly i know next to nothing bout the network besides it requiring peap with mschap v2 security credentials to get access

the problem is basically i can connect to the wifi the phone says connected and occasionally im lucky enough to get some browsing time in but it almost always will eventually freeze (the internet and then lags entire phone) and then when i can click turn off wifi, it will start disconnecting and then say unable to turn it off and although i still cant browse the icon is light up and for all uses the phone still thinks wifi is the go, i can even pull the battery out and it still wont go off, after a bit of time it must timeout or something because it does disconnect on its own

so ye thats my issue anyone got any ideas
    running standard 2.1 but is rooted but nothing has been played with also its only the unis network that cuases this

Advertisement