1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wifi issues N1 Gingerbread 2.3.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tboy, Mar 21, 2011.

1. tboy

tboy Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Hi all,

new to forum, so please direct me to the solution if someone has already posted one.
    tried a search and saw that some people had wifi issues resolved with Gb 2.3.3,

However i am quiet the opposite.

I am in Australia and have an N1 through vodafone. N1 was original and factory firmware (or vodafone firmware) FRG83D

Yesterday i followed steps from: HOWTO: Gingerbread official on your Nexus One

to downgrade first then upgrade to GRI40 (GB 2.3.3)

so prior to doing this n1 was working fine.

then once downgrading to FRG33 wifi would fail to connect to my router.
    it would see the available neworks, ask for key to enable access.... and cycle from authenticating, obtaining IP address, disabling. then i would "forget" details, so i have to reenter the key again (just in case wa entered incorrectly) and the same problem.

then i followed the remaining steps to complete the manual update.
    After each version was uploaded and installed i would try again to acces sthe wifi, with no success.

So i finally upgraded to 2.3.3, and still the same problem.

now i have seen many people have had this problem from when they first received there n1, and some have resolved this with 2.3.3 update.

unfortunately i am quiet the opposite, however i believe it may have something to do with the initial downgrade which may have overwritten a particular file or something.

this made me think that maybe the vodafone firmware has th fix to this?

now the fone came originally with android 2.1, then it received 2 OTA updates to 2.2.1

now i am finding it very difficult to find a solution somewhere, so any help is appreciated.

I have checked router settings etc. numerous times. it is definately firmware related.

Regards
    Tboy

Advertisement

2. Whelkaholism

Whelkaholism Lurker
    None

May 10, 2011
    I'm getting this very intermittently on mine too, just cycles very quickly through "Obtaining IP Address", "Authenticating" a few times, then disconnects, then starts all over again.

Disabling WiFi doesn't work. Forgetting and reentering connection doesn't work. Restarting phone doesn't work. I can't remember if removing battery works or not, maybe I'll double check that.

What DOES work every time is restarting the router.

However, I don't see how it can be the router because my desktop is happily connected all this time.

If you have any non-phone specific solutions I'd love to hear them :eek:)

Tags: