1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi issues with D-link 524 router

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Neimaraner, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Neimaraner

Neimaraner Lurker

I can't stay connected for more than 5 minutes. Anyone knows how I configure D-link or Milestone for this works. P.S. I don't have problems with Ipod or Notebook with Dlink. Thanks.

2. Bozzy

Bozzy Member

Check your wifi settings on the phone, it might be set to "wifi sleep" as soon as screen sleeps

3. gibba50

gibba50 Lurker

Hi,
    just new droidian on milestone and experiencing the same issue with the same router, how did u solve it?I set "wifi sleep" as soon as screen sleeps, but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.

Thanks

4. i had the same problems. i downloaded wifi analyzer and saw which channel was free, i changed the channel at the wireless section inside the router admin tool and also i limited the wireless bandwidth to 5.5 mbps. after all of this the internet connection seems to be quite stable.

gibba50 likes this.
  5. gibba50

gibba50 Lurker

Thank you. wifi analyzer suggests me channel 14, however only 13 channel are available on the router, so i have to keep my best available channel (n.13). Correct,limiting wireless bandwidth to 5.5 mbps improved the performance and now i'm surfing the web (slowly) without issues, however i can't manage data transfer such as video ( youtube)...Other suggestions? thank u very much

6. Redsnapper

Redsnapper Newbie

What's the logic in limiting the wifi bandwidth to 5.5mbps? It would seem to be counter-productive to me.

Motorola Milestone Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews