1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support wifi issues with Tbolt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droidster13, Aug 19, 2011.

1. droidster13

droidster13 Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    I am continuing to have wifi issues with my thunderbolt. I have 2 droid incredibles in my household without any issues with wifi. On my bolt, even though I have the sleep policy set to never, it still seems to go to sleep after not using the phone for a while. I have tried wifi fixer, which seems to help with reconnecting, but not with the disconnecting problem. I have tried checking the best wifi performance box in the advanced menu, but that really sucks the battery down. Anyone else see this and have any solutions?

Advertisement

2. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    Not a problem I've seen with mine. Before I got my Network Extender, I used wifi constantly at the house, never had it drop on me. But then, I was using it constantly, not letting it go idle. Do you have any other apps that might be interfering with data connections, or have some control over it? I know I had tried one of the battery saving apps (can't for the life of me remember which), and for my usage, it didn't work. Just trying to narrow down what other apps could possibly be causing it to go idle and time out.

3. Bomfy

Bomfy Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    I have the same issue. My sleep policy is never and I do let mine frequently sit for a bit while idle on WiFi. It's not an every time thing for me though.

It seems to have corresponded with when I had to move my router to the other side of the house. My connection isn't the best with the new router spot, and I think maybe it has to do with my TB losing the signal.

I am planing on getting new antennas (after all I don't need WiFi out in the woods) to see if that stops the problem.

I have never had it happen with a rock solid signal at other places.

4. jennay22

jennay22 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    VA
    When I first got my phone back in March, my wifi was always disconnecting after idle or sleep mode. I checked never sleep and also checked the best wifi performance in the advanced setting just like you did and BAM, that did the trick. I have not had an issue with it since. I guess the best wifi performance option does take up more power, but since it's been set like that since I've had my phone, I don't realize the battery drain. I use an extended battery anyway so it doesn't matter. My phone last all day for me. I did have an issue with my wifi about 2 weeks ago where it would connect to my wifi for about 30 seconds and then disconnect through out the day. It was so frustrating. I made sure all my settings were as I wanted them and they were. My last option was to reset my wifi router (unplug and then plug back) and that did the trick. Thank god it wasn't my precious phone! GL!

5. droidster13

droidster13 Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Mine does not seem to be related to whether I am close to the router or not. It happens when I am in the same room as the router or I am in another part of the house. It just seems to disconnect even though the policy is set to never sleep. BTW, I am unrooted and running the standard OS
    :(