• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wifi just says error

tensazan

Android Enthusiast
Apr 21, 2011
Indiana
Hey all, I'm having a bit of an issue with my wifi. When I go into wifi settings, it just says error under wifi and it won't let me enable it. I'm running 605.9 rooted with the latest radio. It was working fine until last night when I rebooted my phone because it was running really slowly.

I have boot manager so I booted into CM7 and the wireless worked perfectly there so I'm guessing something happened to my 605.9 firmware.

I've already tried a factory reset, wiping the cache, and wiping the dalvik cache and it didn't work. Any help you guys could offer will be much appreciated Thank you.

I ended up restoring to a backup of 605.5 that I had and it works with that. I think I'll try flashing 605.9 again to see what happens.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a shot if it happens again.

I have the same problem on my Attrix 4g, can you explain to me how to fix this and how to do this process? My phone keeps rebooting because of this problem can you help me as soon as possible thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
My phone is just stock, however I tried factory reset, that didn't work.

If you're rooted I would suggest just reflashing your Rom. Just delete cache and dalvik cache and leave the data. That's what I did to fix it on my phone, I don't know if that would work just as well for you since you do have a different phone.

Is there somewhere I can find out how to do this, I've never done anything like that and I don't know the technical lingo on what you're saying. Just a little explaining would help me a ton thanks in adavance.

Upvote 0
My phone is just stock, however I tried factory reset, that didn't work.

Is there somewhere I can find out how to do this, I've never done anything like that and I don't know the technical lingo on what you're saying. Just a little explaining would help me a ton thanks in adavance.

Since you're stock and unrooted, I suggest you take it back to an AT&T store to see if they can fix it or replace it. I also suggest you leave your phone stock for now. Rooting may not solve the issue on your phone, and will void your warranty, so if you're going to take your phone to AT&T, leave it stock unrooted.

As for an explanation, if your phone is rooted, you can flash different roms. In the case of the wifi issue, it seems reflashing your current rom fixes it. The reason I say to leave data in place is so you won't lose any data when you reflash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones